Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Goes to the Dogs!


Thanksgiving 2009.

I am thankful for family, dogs, and country just to name a few things. I have finally managed to get the kids together and we are on the road to my aunts. Then the traffic sets in. Funny that a 20 minute drive can take us nearly two hours to complete. Amazing.

One good thing from this journey is my daughter managed to convince me to bring Isabella our Italian Greyhound. Like I may have mentioned before in another post, I have had little time to take the dogs on road trips or to the park. As a result little Isabella is all too thrilled to accompany us to wherever we are going.

Isabella is definitely a front seat dog with head out the window kind of girl. She always has to see what is going on all of the time. Interestingly enough, our in the car adventure is taking much longer than I anticipated and Isabella is grateful to sit out the long ride. While on the drive she managed to say hello to passers by in other cars. Isabella even had little kids in other cars waving to her and blowing her kisses.

Finally towards the end of the drive Isabella is near exhausted from the adventure. I was at a stop and took the photo above. Oh, she is one happy pooch. Moments like these remind me why our four legged friends are so dear and touch our hearts the way they do. Our day to day problems at times should be set aside to recall the simple things like long drives, happy puppies, laughter in trials, and the wind in our hair.

Dogs are amazing creatures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    from the Swiss snowy Alps to the dog lovers in the US...
    Came across the Wagner Girlies to this page...
    I thought at Thanksgiving you are eating Turkey and singing some good old Christian songs in honor of God the creator...
    And not adoring tooooooooo much your dogs ;)

    All the best: Educate your dogs so they can bite when they wanna take over your property --- maybe too soon from now+

    Check out:

    http://tinyurl.com/yda9svq
    www.scribd.com/papamartin

    ReplyDelete

Cute Dog Stuff

Bark Slope Dog Boutique