Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pooches got in the trash can again!

Anyone who has had a puppy or dog knows just how curious they can be. Trash cans are the best fun, next to unrolling and shredding toilet paper that is! Don't get me wrong, we have dog proofed the home. Also, we do supervise the dogs. They are however extremely creative and have impeccable timing. We have tried everything you could imagine:
  • Standard Can- every type imaginable...now we get pricey...
  • Step Trash Can- this one was easy to figure out, just knock it over!
  • Flip Lid Trash Can- easier now that our dog figured out how to knock over the step can
  • Button Lever Flip Trash can with locking lid- this took 3 months, then the dogs learned how to push the button!
Now what? So after spending a small fortune on trash cans, for now, I turned the can around so the dogs cant reach the lever. It has been 4 weeks and all the trash has stayed in the can. What happens when those mischievous dogs learn how to take the trash can and turn it and push the lever? Perhaps DUCK TAPE? Quite possibly.

Really, there has to be someone out there that knows the secret trick to keeping the trash in the can! A miracle can? Voice activated? Pin Code? Finger or retina scanner? I think it is amazing how our dogs can be so creative. I am almost certain the dogs are thinking always about the newest way to get into the beloved trash can. I say this because not once have I ever, not ever, seen my dogs trying to get in the can! Nor have I heard them pawing at it. My pooches are calculating by the moment, pondering when they will sneak in the next attempt.

After two years of battling the trash can blues with the dogs I think I have finally concurred the frustration and ranting. Perhaps I am going nuts, or is laughing the only thing I can do to try and pacify the dreaded search for the perfect trash can. You decide, because I give up. If you have any information that can help or advise our family, including the puzzle solving pooches, would like to know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Dog Stuff

Bark Slope Dog Boutique