Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dirt, a dog's best friend & owners worst nightmare

The latest in our household is fighting the lovely dirt tracked into the house by the four legged loved ones.....the dogs.

Like the trash can troubles I have tried everything with the dirt too. As you may already know, trying to make a dog human is impossible. Trying to keep the dogs indoors at all times is in my mind cruel and not ok in our home. With dogs comes the dirt they love to play in, lounge in, and sometimes carry with them! Yes, carry with them in clumps.

Sure we humans enjoy the cool house, air conditioned and comfortable. Not our dogs. Oh, no, no, no! No matter the heat outside, and cool temperature indoors our dogs will almost always be caught under the shrubs or lounging in the sun, in a cool pile of fresh dirt they recently dug up for their enjoyment. Of course after their leisure time outdoors, they come in for a nice cool drink of water and to say hello to their humans. Lets not forget that when they do say hello and I look at their adorable brown eyes staring up at me....I also see behind their frantic wagging tails the many, many feet of leaves, dirt, and twigs they lounged in. Mind you they consider this to be them lavished in luxury!! I look at them with their ears perked up, eyes bright, tails a going, and their plush fur filled with filth....good times for the puppies for sure. Who can take this right to puppy freedom from them. NOT ME!

What can one do? Well I certainly won't deprive them of their doggy duties. So this time I bought two 4 foot by 2 1/2 foot rugs. One is for outside and another is for inside the back door. I think this might work. I also have rearranged the back yard leaving them two "great" dirt spots they can play in and make their dog haven. So we shall see.

If you have any tips please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Dog Stuff

Bark Slope Dog Boutique